- 1 coconut.
- 1 cup sugar / 1 cup Nolen Gur (date jaggery)
- 2 cup Rice flour
- 2 tblsp. plain flour (Maida)
- 1 litr milk.
- 10 gms raisins
- 10 gms cashewnut
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder.
- Grate coconut and mix with sugar/nolen gur and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat a Pan and add Rice flour. Stir for about 5 minutes. Take it out in an bowl and add plain flour to that. Now add Hot water and knead well to make a dough.
- Make small balls from the dough, spread each ball with hand and stuff the coconut sugar mixture into it. Fold it and seal the edges so that filling doesn't come out to get the shape of 'Puli' as in the picture.
- Heat a pan and add milk. boil the milk for some time so that it get reduce to half. Add sugar and cardamom powder. cook for a couple of minutes. Now add the pulies to the milk slowly.cover it and let it cook for about 15 minutes with stirring in between. Add raisins and cashew nuts.
Take it out in a serving tray. Serve cold.
This has been sent for Harvest: The Festival of Rice event conducted by Sudeshna.