Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alu Kabli/ Aloo chat



Street foods are always tempting everyone's
taste buds and makes you drool when you view
it at roadside chaat stalls. Aloo Kabli or aloo
chaat is one of the famous Bengali chaats which
is easily available on roadside chaat stall served
specially in a dry leaf bowl. It actually reminds me of my childhood days when I was not allowed to eat chaat or other roadside food as chaats are junk food made unhygienically but we could never resist ourselves from having a bowl of aloo kabli at our neighborhood chaat stall.Even now when I get a glimpse of it anywhere I cant restrict my temptation to have it right away. I prepare this chaat most often for my kid without adding chili as she also likes this very much.

Aloo Kabli is an amazing hot and tangy combination made of potato and chana (Black gram) with the aroma of Green chili mixed with lemonjuice and fresh coriander leaves.



Ingredients
:

Chickpea 1/4 cup
Potato 250 gms
Onion 1 (chopped)
Lemon 1
Red chili powder 1tsp
Cumin powder 1tsp
Green chili 2-3 (chopped)
Coriander leaves
Method:

1.Soak the Chana(black gram) overnight. Boil it adding a teaspoon of salt. Drain off water and keep aside.

2.Boil the potatoes without taking out its peel (potato should not be over boiled). Now peel it out and cut into small cubes.

3. Add red chili powder, roasted cumin powder along with the onions, green chili and
salt mix well. Take care so that potato piece remain intact.

4. Spread chana, lemon juiceand chopped coriander leaves. Toss it so that it gets evenly mixed with the potatoes.

Serve in a bowl and garnish with coriander
leaves.

This recipe is going for the Kids delight event in Srivalli's blog.

19 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Yum ...looks too gud

Tina said...

Aloo chat looks delicious...

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Perfect and I luv this chat. You look beautiful.

Unknown said...

lovely click and tempting chaat

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks wonderful. I love the ingredients you've combined here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious chaat and flavours

sharada said...

first time here..wonderful blog,i too love aloo chat...delicious

Harika baratam said...

Lovely snack item.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Mouth watering chat...You got a lovely space...Happy to follow you..
FunWidFud

Preety said...

i am drooling here..

Kankana said...

you bet street foods are the best, but my Mom would never agree to that. This are looking amazing .. mouthwatering !!

Treat and Trick said...

Healthy and yummy chat! Can have it anytime of the day....

Padhu Sankar said...

Looks yummy and delicious.Love it very much.
Do drop by
Padhuskitchen
when u find time

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Ahh who can resist this yummy aloo chat ....Pass me the plate and can can finish it off within seconds.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Sneha Benny said...

Hi Sunanda, You also have a lovely space...Enjoyed going through your recipes !!!

Santosh Bangar said...

nice combinaion of chat yummy chat
1st time here wonderful space do visit my blog

Sunanda said...

Thnx everybody for those wonderful comments...

Mary Bergfeld said...

I so love potatoes that I know I will love this dish. I've had one similar to it when Bob and I were traveling in India. Your version looks wonderful. I hope you have an incredible day. Blessings...Mary

Srivalli said...

Thanks for the lovely entry!..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin