Since I started blogging after a long pause, I will start this sweet beginning with a sweet post. Hope you all will like it.
Urad daal 250 gms
Oil 500 ml (for frying)
Sugar 3 cups
Water 300 ml
1 Heat a large pan and add water and boil it now add now dissolve 3 cups of sugar.
2. Add saffron and stirr the syrup in low flame so that it gets reduced to one thread consistency. Add Saffron and cardamom powder. keep the syrup and cool it.
3. Soak Urad daal overnight . wash and drain it and grind it into a fine batter. Keep aside for minimum 3 hours.
4. Take a thick clothe and make a small hole in it (or a ketchup dispenser bottle which is easy to hold) . Pour the urad daal batter and hold it like a pouch.
5 Heat oil in a flat bottomed pan and now press the pouch(or a ketchup dispenser bottle) filled with batter over the oil and try to make the shape of imarti like make a ring first and then make small ringlets all along the ring.
6. Deep fry them until become crisp and turn once so that both side gets cooked well.
7. Drain out excess oil and deep into sugar syrup. Soak imarti in the syrup for about 5 minutes and then drain out and keep aside so that it dries out and become crispy and delicious .
8 Serve hot and crispy Imartis as desert.