This crispy outside and moist & tender inside chicken cutlet is a perfect meal option to have when you need a fast and simple yet an extremely delicious snack or dinner recipe for your family. The recipe makes deep fried chicken breast fillet with a surprise of cheese filling sealed inside coated with a sweet and sour honey garlic sauce.
Egg 2 nos
Chilli sauce 2tsp
Milk 2 tbsp
All purpose flour- 1/2 cup
Cajun seasoning ( or mixture of 1/4 tsp of each Cumin powder, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, Black pepper and oregano)
Black pepper- 1 tsp
Cheddar Cheese grated (filling)-100 gms
Oil for frying
Chopped spring onion and sesame seeds for garnishing
For Honey Garlic sauce
Honey- 2 tablespoons
Garlic- 4 cloves minced
Soy sauce- 1 tablespoons
pepper powder-1/2 teaspoon
Tomato sauce- 1 tablespoon
1. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Cut each fillet into two halves.
2. Take egg, chili sauce and milk in a bowl and add a pinch of salt whisk together to make a batter.
3. Hold the chicken and cut a slit in 1 side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Spoon 1 table spoon cheddar Cheese into each pocket.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour and Cajun seasoning, salt and mix together.Now Working one at a time, dredge cheese stuffed chicken breast piece into flour mixture and then dip into eggs batter, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing is required to get an even coating.
5. Heat oil in a skillet enough for deep frying, add chicken pieces to it, 2 or 3 at a time, and fry until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
6.To make the sweet and sour sauce, in a medium saucepan add 1 tablespoon of oil.Turn the heat down to slightly medium. combine honey, crushed garlic, pepper powder and soy sauce and Tomato sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and add to the sauce. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened.
Add the fried chicken and turn to coat in the sauce.Remove from stove immediately. Place chicken on plates and drizzle over remaining sauce in order to get a perfect glazed look.
Garnish with sesame seed serve with boiled and stir fried veggies.