Cheesy malai chicken tikka is a variation of normal chicken tikka. Its basically grilled chicken kebabs with unique combination of spices with cream and cheese and hence the colour is creamy white. Cheese was not something always used in traditional malai tikka but it does take the flavor of cream to whole other level! One will get pure taste of malai and cheese in every bite of it.
Chicken breast pieces 500 gms
Garlic cloves 4
Green chillies 2
Ginger 1 inch
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Heavy cream 1/4 cup
Thick yogurt 2 tbs
Corn starch 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Butter (for basting)
- Wash and cut chicken into kebab size pieces about 2 inches long.
- Soak the wooden/skewers in water so that it doesn't burn while grilling.
- In a blender add garlic cloves, green chillies, peeled ginger piece, few coriander leaves, yogurt and lemon. Blend the ingredients into a smooth puree.
- Transfer into a bowl add heavy cream, corn starch and garam masala. Mix well and the marinade is ready. Add chicken pieces and coat well. Marinade it for minimum 2 to 3 hours or up to overnight in refrigerator.
- Before grilling the chicken add mozzarella cheese and mix well. Now take each pieces of chicken and skew it into skewer..chicken is ready to grill or cook into skillet.
- Preheat oven grill at 200 degrees and spray oil on the grill tray and place chicken skewers on it. cook chicken for 30 minutes .best with butter after 15 minutes turn and grill for another 15 minutes.
Take it out and splash some lemon juice
Grilled spicy malai chicken tikka is now ready to serve with Green chutney.