200 gms fish (preferably fish with less spine)
1 onion (Finley chopped).
1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste.
2 green chili chopped
50 gms green peas
1/2 tsp.turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin powder
1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
2 cup Rice flour
2 tbsp plain flour
a pinch of baking soda.
1. To make the filling, Pressure cook the fish pieces with salt. Remove all the spines and mash it properly.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add a pinch of whole cumin. Add chopped onion, green chilis and ginger garlic paste. Fry them until the onion turned yellow. Add mashed fish, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and salt. stir continuously so the it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
3. Add green peas and garam masala powder. cook it for about 10 minutes in medium flame with continuous stirring. Add fresh coriander leaves. Pur is ready for stuffing into puli.
4. Heat a Pan and add Rice flour.Stirr for about 5 minutes.Take it out in an bowl and add plain flour, baking soda and salt to that. Now add Hot water and knead well to make a dough.
5. Make small balls from the dough, spread each ball with hand and stuff the filling(pur) into it. Fold it and seal the edges so that filling doesnt come out to get the shape
6. Heat Oil in pan and deep fry those Pulies in medium flame until it turns golden yellow.
Serve hot with tomato sauce.
This recipe went for the Festive Food: Makar Sankranti event hosted by Priti. Thanks Priti for hosting such a wonderful event.